You probably have created a new Gmail account and want to get all the new incoming mails from old gmail account to new one? Well it can be pretty annoying to keep telling everyone about the new Email address or you can simply keep the old gmail address and still receive email on a new one sounds cool ? In this tutorial we will check how to forward old mails from gmail to your new account.
Steps to Forwards Incoming Mails from Gmail account to new Account
- Firstly sign in to your old Gmail account that you don’t wanna continue and forward it’s emails to new one.
- Allright now quickly head towards the settings section and click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Now Add a forwarding address this means you need to add the new Email ID that you created on Gmail or the one where you wanna receive your emails henceforth.
- It will now ask you for the permission whether you really wanna forward your email to new account simply select proceed.
- Now Gmail will email you for confirmation whether you want to receive emails click on the link to confirm.
- It will again ask you to confirm, hit on confirm button and you are done.
- Now again go to settings > Forwarding and POP/ IMAP, in forwarding you need to select forward a copy of incoming mails to new account (email address) and you can choose to keep copy of email in old one as well or you can delete them also. You will see a pink bar on top which mentions your emails are now forwarded to new email account. That bar will disappear after 7 days.
Thats it! You can now try sending a test email from another email to your old one and it will be sent to new account. For eg:- Try sending email from A@gmail.com (extra account) to B@gmail.com (old account). If you follow all the steps correctly it will now forward all the email from B@gmail.com to C@gmail.com. Cool isn’t it?
If you like this post share it. We will back with more such amazing tricks 🙂